Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airtop2 Inferno Fanless PC Advances With "Natural Airflow" To Cool Core i7 + GTX 1080

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airtop2 Inferno Fanless PC Advances With "Natural Airflow" To Cool Core i7 + GTX 1080

Phoronix: Airtop2 Inferno Fanless PC Advances With "Natural Airflow" To Cool Core i7 + GTX 1080

A few weeks back many of you were excited by the prospects of the Airtop2 Inferno PC that is a completely fanless PC with up to a Core i7 CPU and GTX 1080 GPU. This well-built, industrial-grade computer with CompuLab's custom-engineered natural airflow technology is now a step closer to the market...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If it is really working and dont get fried overtime its great.. Problem is that is niche a local vendors probably dont care.. Its possible to buy it from UK reseller?

Comment

Hi,

These guys are re-selling Compulab PCs in UK. They don't list prices on-line, you have to ask them for a quote I guess.

Tiny Green PC range of single board computers for embedded applications such as industrial cabinets and control panels, including Apollo Lake, X86 and ARM.

--Coder

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
      If it is really working and dont get fried overtime its great.. Problem is that is niche a local vendors probably dont care.. Its possible to buy it from UK reseller?

Comment

They redesigned the case. I don't like the new design. Looks like a generic box with slapped on rectangular heatsinks like other pre-built fanless PCs over the years. I would have preferred they kept the previous design but used this new black/dark gray color scheme. Not a fan of that Compulab logo either...

I guess it doesn't matter to me in the end. While a nice engineering feat, the cost is too high, for me, for a completely fanless gaming PC. Game audio is usually loud enough to drown out most fan noise anyway (especially when using headphones) so an actively cooled quiet gaming PC is good enough and much cheaper for me.

I wonder if Compulab is considering entering the fanless slim/small notebook market. I'd pay a premium for a powerful fanless notebook in a small form factor. I'm probably part of only a few who would though.

Comment

The ridiculous claim of being able to run the thing at 94C ambient under load makes me think temperatures will be unacceptably high in most cases.

Comment

Working...
          X