No announcement yet.

GNOME 3.28 Is Being Released This Next Week With Many Features & Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.28 Is Being Released This Next Week With Many Features & Improvements

Phoronix: GNOME 3.28 Is Being Released This Next Week With Many Features & Improvements

Assuming no last minute snafu, the GNOME 3.28 desktop environment will see its official release happen on 14 March, incorporating the past six months worth of improvements to this open-source desktop stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Waiting for SSD support in Mutter on Wayland, so we can finally start recommending people to use and write for Wayland.

Comment

Last edited by sarfarazahmad; 11 March 2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know if Fedora 28 will include this version of gnome, or it is too late at this point?
        A quick search on their wiki page didn't reveiled any detail about this.

Comment

Nice, some very welcome improvements. I'm very excited about the Hybrid-GPU support. Curious if it plays well when I unbind the GPU to pass it through to a VM and back.

Comment

You forgot to mention how nautilus is dropping desktop support. Which a lot of people opt to use outside of shell.

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post
              Does anyone know if Fedora 28 will include this version of gnome, or it is too late at this point?
              A quick search on their wiki page didn't reveiled any detail about this.
              most likely this one, even ubuntu will ship with gnome 3.28

Comment

Michael there was a pleasant typo of apt-tab instead of alt-tab, I say we keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCanadianBacon View Post
                  You forgot to mention how nautilus is dropping desktop support. Which a lot of people opt to use outside of shell.
                  What? Could you describe better what is this?

Comment

I started using the beta today and I noticed a few Wayland fixes but as long as it's locked to 60fps and stutters like hell I'm going to stick to x.org thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                    X