Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.19 Brings Resonance Audio, AR Improvements & Better Landscape Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Engine 4.19 Brings Resonance Audio, AR Improvements & Better Landscape Rendering

Phoronix: Unreal Engine 4.19 Brings Resonance Audio, AR Improvements & Better Landscape Rendering

As a nice Pi Day surprise and a week ahead of the Game Developers' Conference (GDC 18) is a new Unreal Engine 4 release from Epic Games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hope to see a new build of Unreal Tournament soon with this new engine...

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Hope to see a new build of Unreal Tournament soon with this new engine...
      I would say forget it , because of Fortnite.

Comment

I did ask a friend of mine who works at Epic Games and he did not know what's going on with Unreal Tournament. I think he was honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post

I would say forget it , because of Fortnite.
          I removed epic off my github when epic announced fortnite for mobile...

Comment

Originally posted by RushPL View Post
            I did ask a friend of mine who works at Epic Games and he did not know what's going on with Unreal Tournament. I think he was honest.
            UT has maps that are missing textures for both windows and Linux . It has not been updated in six months. It uses ue4.15 I think and to have Vulkan it needs at least 4.17.

Comment

Why are they using server targeted distro (CentOS) for the game engine building?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                Why are they using server targeted distro (CentOS) for the game engine building?
                Centos/Rhel is the only certified Linux distro that works with Autodesk Maya that is used with unreal engine 4 animation and rigging toolkit. Centos/Rhel is the standard for 3d animation software and things like substance painter even the steam version says centos.

Comment

Originally posted by PackRat View Post

Centos/Rhel is the only certified Linux distro that works with Autodesk Maya that is used with unreal engine 4 animation and rigging toolkit. Centos/Rhel is the standard for 3d animation software and things like substance painter even the steam version says centos.
                  I see, but what's so specific in it, that they won't work on more recent distros?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

I see, but what's so specific in it, that they won't work on more recent distros?
                    It is possible to install Maya on other distro but Autodesk will not give support for other distro . Specific in it i have no idea maybe developer tools who knows. I put Maya on opensuse leap. UE4 also might run centos/rhel game servers . You can build ue4 on just about any distro in fact Ubuntu lts versions are recommended.

Comment

Working...
                    X