Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel BayTrail Gets Minor Graphics Improvement On Coreboot, Now Supports OpRegion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel BayTrail Gets Minor Graphics Improvement On Coreboot, Now Supports OpRegion

Phoronix: Intel BayTrail Gets Minor Graphics Improvement On Coreboot, Now Supports OpRegion

While there doesn't appear to be too many Intel BayTrail users out there running systems with Coreboot, this generation of hardware that's been a bit notorious with Linux users due to varying issues can now find at least a bit better graphics support with the latest Coreboot code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've owned a Celeron J1900 baytrail board for about two years now. Linux has so many problems with this CPU it's ridiculous. I just recently replaced it with an i5, but the Baytrail never ever worked right on Linux. Kernels ~3.13 and older would at least boot and run mostly ok, but the performance is not great. Kernels newer than 3.13 cause random lockups and reboots. There's been a constant stream of Baytrail patches to the kernel, each one promising better stability, but none of them are a proper solution. The random freezes and reboots continue.

I don't know what's so different or unique about Baytrail, but it's utter garbage, at least on Linux. I should have been smart and bought an AMD APU instead.

Comment

Working...
    X