The Latest Winevulkan Patches Make It Usable For Doom, Wolfenstein & DXVK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest Winevulkan Patches Make It Usable For Doom, Wolfenstein & DXVK

Phoronix: The Latest Winevulkan Patches Make It Usable For Doom, Wolfenstein & DXVK

Roderick Colenbrander and those working with him on "Winevulkan" to provide a clean Vulkan implementation for Wine supporting the Vulkan ICD concept, etc, rather than the old hacked together code in Wine-Staging have done a great job. With Roderick's latest Winevulkan patches, this new implementation is considered usable...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sharing sure is caring:
    AMD creates Mantle -> Valve creates group because AMD creates a possible theory (low level API) -> AMD shares specifications of Mantle to Khronos -> Vulkan API is created -> Vulkan projects starts new cool projects (Vulkan for wine) -> present day where Vulkan helps us by replacing OpenGL (not entirely.. but most of it).

Of course The Big thanks goes to the people behind the projects (That I don't know).

Comment

I never expected Doom to be a simple app

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
        I never expected Doom to be a simple app
        neither is DXVK...

Comment

Ehh.

'
          Last edited by AdamOne; 15 March 2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

It's not just that if you are on 64-bit...

But if you use Arch or related, there's an AUR paxkage: wine-vulkan-git

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne
              How on earth do you add the DWORD value? Just create a DWORD value in the correct directory and name it
              C:\Windows\winevulkan.json"=dword:00000000 ?

The reason I ask is because Im getting 'vkcreateinstance Failure' asking if I have ICD installed. when
              Code:
              wine cube.exe
              Oh, uh, using Kepler GPU, propietary.
              I don't really know what you are talking about, but this sounds like a register key. Did you try with wine's regedit?

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post

I don't really know what you are talking about, but this sounds like a register key. Did you try with wine's regedit?
                Ofcourse.

Comment

Christ.
                  Ok, try this: build latest wine from git, make sure you/your package manager builds for 32 and 64 bit windows.

Get latest winetricks from its github, install the sdk

get eclipse editor and create a new .json project, paste the code, name it winevulkan.json put in wineprefix/drive_c/windows

start regedit and go to the directories instructed, you might have to create subdirectory 'Drivers', create new dword value, name it c:\windows\winevulkan.info, give it value zero, same for 32 bit,

now try wine cube.exe, im getting a white square

Comment

It is correct that you are seeing a white screen. My latest patches have not been merged yet. If lucky they get merged today else for the time being use wine-vulkan. BTW just a simple text editor is enough to create the json file.

Comment

Working...
                    X