Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Benchmarks

Phoronix: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Benchmarks

Last week on Pi Day marked the release of the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ with a slightly higher clocked Cortex-A53 processors, dual-band 802.11ac WiFi, faster Ethernet, and other minor enhancements over its predecessor. I've been spending the past few days putting the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ through its paces the past few days with an array of benchmarks while comparing the performance to other ARM SBCs as well as a few lower-end Intel x86 systems too. Here is all you need to know about the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ performance.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very interesting benchmarks!

Comment

Pi 3 Model B+ is pretty power hungry. You can also find power consumption figures. https://libre.computer/2018/03/21/ra...nd-comparison/

Comment

Benchmarks look certainly interesting. Great to see a new Raspberry Pi in the wild. I would love an update to the thermal management of the Pi-Zero (having it available also without WiFi/BT). I see you benchmarked the Pine64 some time back, I would love to see a benchmark of the Rock64 too, it seems a great hardware for a similar price to a Raspberry Pi.

Comment

Can we get a description of the storage used for these different boards? A number of the benchmarks in this article are dependent on storage performance.

There are a number of strange results in performance in these various boards. Knowing the OS and other configuration information would be very helpful.

Comment

For me, important benchmark is: Test Read & Write, ebizzy, redis, python and php.
            And I'm curious about orangepi pc testing method and the distro.

Comment

Could you please include all ARB boards into network performance graph? E. g. Odroid-C2 is missing.

For me it is the most intriguing question — whether network performance is the same having in mind RPi B+ and Odroid-C2 are close performance-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by tonnzor View Post
                Could you please include all ARB boards into network performance graph? E. g. Odroid-C2 is missing.

For me it is the most intriguing question — whether network performance is the same having in mind RPi B+ and Odroid-C2 are close performance-wise.
                The ODROID and Jetsons were tested on a different network/room which is why they weren't included.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post
                  The method was the same for testing across all systems and the stock/used distros is indicated on the system table chart in the article.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post
                    For me, important benchmark is: Test Read & Write, ebizzy, redis, python and php.
                    Michael Running php and python on phoronix-test-suite results armhf and aarch64 in a crash?

Comment

Working...
                    X