Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khronos Members Hope To Begin Landing OpenCL C++ Support In LLVM's Clang Compiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khronos Members Hope To Begin Landing OpenCL C++ Support In LLVM's Clang Compiler

Phoronix: Khronos Members Hope To Begin Landing OpenCL C++ Support In LLVM's Clang Compiler

While upstream Clang has support for OpenCL C 2.0, it doesn't currently have mainline support for OpenCL C++ but fortunately that soon should change...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    OpenCL C++ kernel languge as a subset of C++14.

Comment

At the end.....Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Typo:
        By this time one would expect Michael to use Gedit with the Spell Checker plugin activated before pushing a story.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post

By this time one would expect Michael to use Gedit with the Spell Checker plugin activated before pushing a story.
          I don't expect Michael to do anything other than what he currently does, and he does that good enough for me to buy a subscription on my third visit to the site.

Thanks for your devotion Michael, I read this site more than my local news.

Comment

It seems to be taking longer than I thought, for 2.2 to gain traction.

IMO, C++ kernels are a game changer for GPU compute, since they enable STL-like generic algorithms and data structures. This should both accelerate OpenCL adoption and increase the size, scope, quality, and power of OpenCL programs.

Comment

Working...
            X