Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen 7 Performance On Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Six Linux Distributions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ryzen 7 Performance On Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Six Linux Distributions

Phoronix: AMD Ryzen 7 Performance On Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Six Linux Distributions

Our latest Windows vs. Linux benchmarking interest has been seeing how the AMD Ryzen 7 performance compares with the latest operating systems / Linux distributions. We have recently posted some Windows 10 vs. Windows WSL vs. Windows Linux benchmarks, relative Spectre/Meltdown mitigation impact tests on Windows vs. Linux, and other benchmarks but has mostly been done with Intel or server hardware. For those curious, today's tests were done with an AMD Ryzen 7 1700 platform.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    between Ubuntu 18.04 and CentoS 7.

Comment

Looks like Linux smokes Windows **shocked face** /S

Comment

Anybody knows what's going on with Ubuntu? Or is it just time to change it to Fedora?

Comment

Originally posted by TitanFigter View Post
          Anybody knows what's going on with Ubuntu? Or is it just time to change it to Fedora?
          if you want a unstable distro

Comment

I switched to openSUSE, I'm fine on openSUSE it's just great!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post

I switched to openSUSE, I'm fine on openSUSE it's just great!
              Would be interesting to look at openSUSE in such tests

Comment

Or switch to Debian stretch or testing. Ubuntu 18.04 is based on Debian testing. It also means you don't have to change your habits oo much ;-)
                Last edited by DRanged; 07 April 2018, 03:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

That pretty much suit the definition of being destroyed for windows. And it's a great improvement as in the early release Ryzen CPU were quite struggling against windows side and especially against intel equivalent. I would be interested to see a comparison with Intel to see if the gap has narrowed.

Thanks once again Michael for those big benchmarks.

Comment

Would be interesting to look at openSUSE in such tests
                    OpenSUSE's Richard Brown was complaining I test openSUSE with the default XFS+Btrfs file-system configuration that it's somehow unfair for my out-of-the-box benchmarking.....
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X