Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeCAD 0.17 Released With Various Workbench Improvements

Phoronix: FreeCAD 0.17 Released With Various Workbench Improvements

For fans of the FreeCAD open-source 3D CAD modeling software, a new major release is now available -- the first update in almost two years...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/inde...ase_notes_0.17 you will find much better screenshots (and descriptions of the overhauls).

Comment

Years ago I dipped my toes in Freecad to try it out, and when 0.17's imminent release was talked about a month or so ago I gave it another try. The guides and snaps are way better now in my experience and it now matches Sketchup in usability for me.

Comment

Im hoping this makes simple 2d drwaings much faster and lesss confusing to execute. I often find the need to jump between OSS CAD to get stuff done.

Comment

Good news! The new Part Design workbench is really a "must have" for half complicated designs. I have had to use (unstable) daily images for a while now to get this feature. The daily images have been surprisingly stable though
          Now I wonder what features 0.18 will bring? An "Assembly" workbench and Part library perhaps?

Comment

With compnies everywhere droping literally billions into CAD Software, there should be a Free version like this backed by governments.
            Sure there would be unemployment.
            But it would force real innovation, not this constant stream of the same thing with a little bit of polish on top...

Comment

Working...
            X