Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plymouth Adds Device Rotation Support

Phoronix: Plymouth Adds Device Rotation Support

Commits these days to Plymouth are fairly rare with this Red Hat developed project seeing its first commits of 2018 yesterday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    relies upon the stable DRM/KMS kenrel APIs,

Comment

Though Plymouth is nice, I felt they over-complicated it to the point of not being as fun to work with. Back when it still took ~20 seconds to boot, I liked using splashy since it was relatively easy and simple to make your own themes. With some basic shell scripting, you could have it change every time you boot up. Plymouth does have better options, but it's too tedious for me to have bothered.

As a sudden realization:
      Why is it that so many Linux things are named after towns in Massachusetts? Wayland, Weston, Waltham, and Plymouth. I'm guessing Watertown is going to be next, for anything else Wayland related...

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        Though Plymouth is nice, I felt they over-complicated it to the point of not being as fun to work with. Back when it still took ~20 seconds to boot, I liked using splashy since it was relatively easy and simple to make your own themes. With some basic shell scripting, you could have it change every time you boot up. Plymouth does have better options, but it's too tedious for me to have bothered.

As a sudden realization:
        Why is it that so many Linux things are named after towns in Massachusetts? Wayland, Weston, Waltham, and Plymouth. I'm guessing Watertown is going to be next, for anything else Wayland related...
        Red Hat has a major engineering office in Westford, Massachusetts. That might be a part of it.

Comment

Meanwhile I still don't know how to make SDDM aware of my rotated monitor…

Comment

Working...
          X