Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmarking Amazon Linux 2 LTS Candidate 2

Phoronix: Benchmarking Amazon Linux 2 LTS Candidate 2

Back in December Amazon rolled out Amazon Linux 2 as a big upgrade to its Linux distribution intended for the EC2 compute cloud as well as on-site via VMware/VirtualBox/Hyper-V virtualization. Amazon Linux 2 rolled out an upgraded Linux kernel, compiler, and many other packages as well as switched to using systemd. Coming out this week was Amazon Linux 2 Candidate 2 as the next installment of this long-term support Linux platform.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The Stoclfish chess benchmark was about the same.

Comment

This looks interesting, but I'm not entirely sure what the point of this is for businesses that aren't amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
        This looks interesting, but I'm not entirely sure what the point of this is for businesses that aren't amazon.
        It's designed to be used by Amazon cloud computing service clients.

Same as Photon OS is designed for VMWare virtualization stuff.

Comment

I'm always suspicious when a timed SQLite benchmark shows such improvements since SQLite is designed to be slow due to performing a deliberate fsync() after each commit so big improvements here should be an indication of fsync() not doing what it's supposed to do.

Comment

Working...
          X