The Many Great Features & Changes Coming For The Linux 4.17 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Many Great Features & Changes Coming For The Linux 4.17 Kernel

Phoronix: The Many Great Features & Changes Coming For The Linux 4.17 Kernel

Linus Torvalds is expected by the end of the day to release Linux 4.17-rc1, thereby marking the end of the two-week merge window that saw a lot of changes and new features land for Linux 4.17. Here is our original feature overview of the changes to be found in this next major release of the Linux kernel, which should premiere as stable by the middle of June.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm looking forward to give Time And Date (TAD) a spin. By "a spin" i mean trying that out to see how deep my computer can fall asleep with that mechanism and still be able to wakeup again. It's not the RTC and with the RTC it's not able to wake from the powered off state (S5 state). I just hope my hardware is capable of doing that (i3770 days, ~6 years old).

Comment

Working...
    X