Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 12.04 To Ubuntu 18.04 Benchmarks On An Intel Laptop

Phoronix: Ubuntu 12.04 To Ubuntu 18.04 Benchmarks On An Intel Laptop

As part of our ongoing benchmarks of the recently released Ubuntu 18.04, here is a look at the performance of Ubuntu Linux on the same laptop while testing all Long-Term Support releases from 12.04 to 18.04 for seeing how the Ubuntu performance has evolved over the past six years on this Intel laptop.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    There wasn't much change out of x264 and Hiemno.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo:
      Well, that does it. I've just cancelled my subscription to phoronix. These typo messages are simply too annoying, I keep opening comment sections that contain nothing. It's sad that this is still the case.

As for systemd boot times: it would perhaps be more useful to have more information as to what "userspace" is here. Which part exactly has regressed that badly? is it (in part) the wait-for-online (can't remember the exact name)?

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post

Well, that does it. I've just cancelled my subscription to phoronix. These typo messages are simply too annoying, I keep opening comment sections that contain nothing. It's sad that this is still the case.

As for systemd boot times: it would perhaps be more useful to have more information as to what "userspace" is here. Which part exactly has regressed that badly? is it (in part) the wait-for-online (can't remember the exact name)?
        Welcome to the internet. Have you ever seen unicorns?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Welcome to the internet. Have you ever seen unicorns?
          Thanks for welcoming me. However, I don't find my complaint so far-fetched.

In particular, I'm expecting a bit more from a technology-oriented website, which I was supporting financially until now. I mentioned quite a few times that I found it annoying. As nothing was done about it, I simply stopped contributing. Not the end of the world for anyone. I'll keep visiting and posting.

Comment

Let me get this strait: you are quitting Phoronix support not because Michael's articles, but because forum commentators are not producing quality content enough for your highness appreciate?

Comment

I look forward to the various OS test report, specifically the compare with Clear Linux.

Some feedback franglais125, instead of being a subscriber, you should try tipping instead. Then you can compensate Michael for the work you find superior or of value overall.

I have tipped Phoronix on multiple occasions for work well done and then you will have the satisfaction that you are not subsidizing behavior you don't desire.

Comment

These typo messages are simply too annoying, I keep opening comment sections that contain nothing. It's sad that this is still the case.
                It does seem like @tildearrow is just a nit picking reader with a keen eye, but this is actually a free proofreading service Michael values.

You'd think they might use PM or some other method, unless tildearrow were looking for some confirmation or support, in cases that are unclear. Or maybe Michael would delete the posts, once he's made the correction.

Anyway, they annoyed me until I learned that Michael was encouraging them. Now, I skip past them almost like they're an ad or some other bit of irrelevant content.

Still, of all the reasons one might cancel a subscription, this is probably stranger than any I've heard or would expect. If you still value the content and community, then it does seem a step too far.
                Last edited by coder; 30 April 2018, 07:19 PM.

Comment

You are just pathetic, no better than regular grammar Nazi. I personally enjoy every piece of Michael's work, and have enough brains to "auto correct" his small mistakes as I read.

Comment

Ubuntu 12.04. Those were good times.

Comment

Working...
                    X