Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5 Stack Should Now Be In Good Shape For FreeBSD Ports

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5 Stack Should Now Be In Good Shape For FreeBSD Ports

Following years of work in bringing the KDE Plasma 5 desktop to FreeBSD, it's getting into shape and the x11/kde5 package is now in the ports tree for easing the process of setting up the modern KDE desktop stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great news. If Linux pissed me off one day it's good to know I can get Plasma on Freebsd.

Comment

Does anyone even care about SJW OS (aka FreeBSD)?

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post
        Does anyone even care about SJW OS (aka FreeBSD)?
        Huh, I thought they cleansed that issue years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post
          Huh, I thought they cleansed that issue years ago?
          They changed their code of conduct under obvious SJW influence, around 2-3 months ago.
          This is their current CoC https://www.freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            They changed their code of conduct under obvious SJW influence, around 2-3 months ago.
            This is their current CoC https://www.freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html
            Holy ballsacks, that's the most regressive CoC I've seen yet, bai-bai freebsd.

Then again, having a CoC at all is regressive IMO.

Comment

I personally prefer having some basic code of conduct, just for the sake of justifying why you are banning idiots from the forums/mailing list or doing other such policing actions that are normal and necessary in an organization.

You know, the usual stuff like "don't go OT too much", "don't attack personally other members or companies" that for normal people should not be required but are useful to get stupid people to fuck off properly.

It's when it starts to become specific, or worse, SJW bullshit, that it becomes regressive.

I mean really, all their SJW-induced special provisions are already covered by the generic "don't attack personally other members or companies". If someone can't understand the generic rule he gets banned, and good riddance.

Comment

As if laws or coc leads to compliance ever.

On topic, great news - the old version just made freebsd feel stale.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
                  As if laws or coc leads to compliance ever.
                  Having written laws or coc allows less-arbitrary enforcement. It's harder to claim that some mod hates you if there are rules that you clearly violated.

Of course if there is no enforcement it's irrelevant.

Comment

Holy ballsacks, that's the most regressive CoC I've seen yet, bai-bai freebsd.

IMO the CoC actually seemed pretty sane, it doesn't say that you are not allowed to "Misgender" but only says that you are not allowed to "Deliberate misgender".
                    If someone becomes angry at you for misgendering them, simply avoid them (according to the CoC you are not forbidden to do that). If they seem nice and nicely tells you that they are not a he/she and prefers to be called a X, just do that and try to remember it.

The rest of the CoC seems to be just a long list of examples of how to not be creepy or a bully.

Where I do agree however is that this CoC is even needed, since most of these things seem quite obvious.

Comment

Working...
                    X