X.Org Server 1.20 "Avocado Toast" Released With DRI3 v1.2, VR Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.20 "Avocado Toast" Released With DRI3 v1.2, VR Improvements

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.20 "Avocado Toast" Released With DRI3 v1.2, VR Improvements

After more than one and a half years in development that is well off their past six-month release cadence, the long-awaited X.Org Server 1.20 has finally been released as this stable X11 implementation for Linux desktop systems not yet prepared to migrate to Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The update from 1.19.5 to 1.19.6 broke Nine, I hope this is fixed now.

Comment

Yes, especially the XWayland release is long-awaited! The changes from Roman Gilg to reduce tearing on XWayland sounds great.
      Last edited by R41N3R; 10 May 2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Finally!
        And we finally have GLVND support.
        - Server-side GLVND / GLXVND for letting different OpenGL drivers back different X screens. This should help in multi-GPU setups where different OpenGL drivers are at play.

Comment

"Avocado Toast"

Don't the dev team know they'll never afford their own home if they keep eating all that "Avocado Toast"? (Australians will get it)

Comment

Great work! Hopefully this will get us closer to a cleaner Wayland experience, as well as many improvements in the actual xorg as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim85 View Post
              "Avocado Toast"

Don't the dev team know they'll never afford their own home if they keep eating all that "Avocado Toast"? (Australians will get it)
              Not just Australians!

Comment

Plus the odd Canadian.

I couldn't believe people actually pay money in restaurants for avocado toast, and nearly fell off my chair when I saw prices like $19 and $22.
                Last edited by bridgman; 10 May 2018, 11:43 PM.
                Test signature

Comment

"Avocado Toast"

Yeah, as PluMGMK mentioned, this got international attention. In Canada we do know what you mean

Comment

Anyone know where to get the Intel drivers from for this? I've already built the new X.org server and NVIDIA drivers. Need Intel and xinput for my laptop.

Comment

Working...
                    X