Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VK9 Gets Better Support For Shaders, 64-bit Fixes

Phoronix: VK9 Gets Better Support For Shaders, 64-bit Fixes

While the rapidly maturing DXVK library has been capturing much of the limelight when it comes to piping Direct3D over Vulkan, the VK9 project targeting Direct3D 9 on top of Vulkan continues making progress...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This article went up fast.

Comment

wonder how long until it can run games

Comment

Some of you may also have noticed DXUP a project to redirect D3D10 calls to D3D11. Using this along with DXVK allows D3D10 over Vulkan. At this point we have projects for D3D 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 over Vulkan. Linux on gaming is looking up. I mentioned 8 because there was already a project to redirect D3D8 with D3D9 which should work with VK9.
        so awesome. I don't care what anyone says - 2018 is the year of the Linux Desktop. No ifs, ands, buts, or grep's about it.

Comment

Hmmm, VK9 won't really get near usefulness until sometime next year (roadmap says mid 2019) so perhaps 2019 is the year of Linux gaming.

I really interested in how VK9 performs vs builtin, dxvk absolutely smashes wine d3d11-ogl method but d3d9-ogl has had allot of work done to it so we will see how it compares eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
            Hmmm, VK9 won't really get near usefulness until sometime next year (roadmap says mid 2019) so perhaps 2019 is the year of Linux gaming.

I really interested in how VK9 performs vs builtin, dxvk absolutely smashes wine d3d11-ogl method but d3d9-ogl has had allot of work done to it so we will see how it compares eventually.
            More than builtin, it has to compete against nine

Comment

Does nine even work on NVIDIA cards?

Comment

Since it is using the D3D9 State Tracker in Gallium, it is only available with Gallium drivers. That's why it is not mainlined and probably never will be.

Comment

Michael speaking of Nine, why there is no news about? They don't need to fix anything? Is it being actively developed?

Comment

It actually does, but only on Nouveau (blame NVIDIA). It doesn't work on Intels though.

Comment

Working...
                    X