Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 0.53 Released With Many Fixes

Phoronix: DXVK 0.53 Released With Many Fixes

Less than one week after releasing DXVK 0.52, the DXVK 0.53 release is now available for running Direct3D 11 games/applications over Vulkan...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So far, DXVK works great, and is so much better than opengl. I can actually play game on Wine really really well.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      Watch Dogs renders correctly with DXVK but no sound.
      The sound thing must be a Wine problem, DXVK has nothing to do with sound

Comment

DXVK makes me very hopeful to play Elder Scrolls Online on linux some day soon. It already works pretty well, but is still kinda unstable (at least when launching it ... once I make it ingame, it runs fine). Since I'm now used to playing it with Reshade I still switch back to windows for the time being - since reshade apparently doesn't work with DXVK yet.
        But the progress is astonishing. It's really impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by aksdb View Post
          DXVK makes me very hopeful to play Elder Scrolls Online on linux some day soon. It already works pretty well, but is still kinda unstable (at least when launching it ... once I make it ingame, it runs fine). Since I'm now used to playing it with Reshade I still switch back to windows for the time being - since reshade apparently doesn't work with DXVK yet.
          But the progress is astonishing. It's really impressive.
          I play ESO daily on DXVK and haven't noticed any stability issues

Comment

The changelog is very impressive for just ~one week of work.

Comment

DXVK requires wine to be built with Vulkan however there doesn't appear to be a SDK for i586, Lunar G only provides for x86_64. Is everyone running wine64 or am I missing something?

Comment

Btw: DXVK also is in aur-archlinux repo (comes with no dependencies):

Comment

Originally posted by gukin View Post
                  DXVK requires wine to be built with Vulkan however there doesn't appear to be a SDK for i586, Lunar G only provides for x86_64. Is everyone running wine64 or am I missing something?
                  what are you talking about?

Doesn't your distro provide vulkan headers and libraries for 32-bit?

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                    Or, without adding an extra repo, in the dxvk-bin package in the aur, which installs the latest dinary release (no compilation needed).

Comment

Working...
                    X