No announcement yet.

29-Way GPU Comparison On Linux From Kepler & Cypress To Today's Pascal & Vega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29-Way GPU Comparison On Linux From Kepler & Cypress To Today's Pascal & Vega

Phoronix: 29-Way GPU Comparison On Linux From Kepler & Cypress To Today's Pascal & Vega

Last week was a look at the latest Linux graphics drivers with current-generation graphics cards while for your viewing pleasure this Friday is a 29-way graphics card comparison. Using the very latest Linux graphics drivers, 29 distinct graphics cards were tested from current and recent generations of GPUs all the way back to the GeForce GTX 600 "Kepler" series on the NVIDIA side and on the AMD side was back to the Radeon HD 5800 "Cypress" hardware with a range of Linux games.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Buying hd 7850 in december 2012 was such good decision. Vulkan, long support...

Comment

Not sure why the 750 is missing in a lot of the titles, since I own a 750ti and consider switching soon that was a good reference point for me to compare with but apparently it's missing even though it supports Vulkan and everything...

Comment

Originally posted by johanb View Post
        Not sure why the 750 is missing in a lot of the titles, since I own a 750ti and consider switching soon that was a good reference point for me to compare with but apparently it's missing even though it supports Vulkan and everything...
        It was too slow in lots of the tests and hanging in a few.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Lol@Portal
          580 MVP again

Comment

Why is the 1080 Ti usually always a lot faster than the next fastest card?

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Metro Last Light Redfux requires at least

Comment

I don't get how anyone could consider the Portal benchmarks CPU-bound. I'd say those scale rather nicely in accordance with each GPUs capability. If this was in fact CPU-bound I'd expect low end and high end hardware to perform similarly.

Comment

No OpenCL test?
                Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

Originally posted by GruenSein View Post
                  I don't get how anyone could consider the Portal benchmarks CPU-bound. I'd say those scale rather nicely in accordance with each GPUs capability. If this was in fact CPU-bound I'd expect low end and high end hardware to perform similarly.
                  Technically you are right. However since nobody plays Portal at +200 fps the game is practically CPU-bound
                  But good to see the RadeonSI driver scales nicely even to insane fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post

Technically you are right. However since nobody plays Portal at +200 fps the game is practically CPU-bound
                    But good to see the RadeonSI driver scales nicely even to insane fps.
                    Without the intention to start an argument, it still isn't even "practically" CPU-bound. That would imply that the CPU is limiting the performance of high end cards because it cannot supply them with enough tasks or the time it takes to render a frame is negligible in comparison with other tasks like game logic, physics etc. However, this is not the case. More powerfull GPUs significantly cut down the frame time.

I do agree that at way beyond 200fps nobody cares about the actual number, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X