No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 390.67 Linux Driver Released WIth X.Org Server 1.20 Support, Bug Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 390.67 Linux Driver Released WIth X.Org Server 1.20 Support, Bug Fixes

Phoronix: NVIDIA 390.67 Linux Driver Released WIth X.Org Server 1.20 Support, Bug Fixes

The NVIDIA 390.67 Linux driver is now available as the latest "long-term" series driver release for those sticking to that over the newer but short-term NVIDIA 396 driver series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now please, please, please, back-port the xorg 1.20 support to the older drivers. I still have systems running MX440's for god's sake! At least backport to the 304 series. I have lots of AGP machines running 7-series cards (the last AGP cards available).

Comment

Have you tried the open source drivers?
      304 series reached end of life last year https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...tail/a_id/3142

Comment

Yeah, the open-source drivers have always sucked. They don't have proper support for advanced output modes (eg. TV-out) and by far the worst problem is the performance is nowhere near what the closed-source drivers produce.

Comment

Originally posted by linner View Post
          Now please, please, please, back-port the xorg 1.20 support to the older drivers. I still have systems running MX440's for god's sake! At least backport to the 304 series. I have lots of AGP machines running 7-series cards (the last AGP cards available).
          can't tell if satire or what

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post

can't tell if satire or what

Lots of machines. Kiosks, certain media machines, arcade machines, laptops that are used for specific jobs, etc do not require new hardware. Decades ago Linux used to be the go-to when you wanted to run something on old hardware, now it's much worse than Windows. In fact I've had to convert a few machines to Windows to get support for old hardware because Linux just can't do it. It sucks.

Comment

Working...
            X