Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PulseAudio 12.0 Released With Many Improvements

Phoronix: PulseAudio 12.0 Released With Many Improvements

PulseAudio 12.0 was quietly released yesterday as the newest version of this open-source, cross-platform sound server...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

PulseAudio vs Pipewire
    Xorg vs Wayland
    I'm tired walking to the never-arriving future while the past is still present

Comment

Originally posted by q2dg View Post
      PulseAudio vs Pipewire
      Xorg vs Wayland
      When did PulseAudio become "the past"? Man I'm old.

Comment

Highly suggest the app PulseEffects if you're using PulseAudio. Awesome program that allows you to use any preset or settings/equalizer on all of your games, video, apps that use PulseAudio. Game changer.

Can have it run as a daemon, and then even change presets on the fly.

$ pulseeffects -l bass
        $ pulseeffects -l game

Comment

PulseAudio vs Pipewire
          Xorg vs Wayland
          Agreed. Wayland 1.0 was released almost 6 years ago. I know it's a hard problem, but man do things move slowly.
          At this rate, would it be stupid to believe Pipewire will be stable and broadly installed on Linux distros by 2021?

Comment

very nice release. hope this will improve bluetooth headsed experience... now it is not good

Comment

I don't expect PipeWire to end up replacing PulseAudio until way into the future, but I do expect to see it appearing as a secondary audio router - and video router - for use in sandboxed applications before that.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                When did PulseAudio become "the past"? Man I'm old.
                I know; remember the "ALSA is superior to Pulseaudio" debates that used to rage?

Comment

Originally posted by gamerk2 View Post

I know; remember the "ALSA is superior to Pulseaudio" debates that used to rage?
                  Heh. Which was silly because PulseAudio uses ALSA. It was the ALSA sound drivers, each broken in their own special way, that made Pulse so messy.

Comment

PulseAudio vs Pipewire
                    Xorg vs Wayland
                    And it's weird because people that use Linux spend so much money to fund all the developers who work on these technologies, and also spend lots of time and effort contributing code and QA.

Oh wait...

Comment

Working...
                    X