Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoronix Test Suite 8.0.1 Released With Windows Benchmarking & Phoromatic Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 8.0.1 Released With Windows Benchmarking & Phoromatic Improvements

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 8.0.1 Released With Windows Benchmarking & Phoromatic Improvements

Phoronix Test Suite 8.0.1 is now available as the first and only planned point release to Phoronix Test Suite 8.0-Aremark...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice. I was just thinking of running some tests now that I've got the 4.16, 4.17, and 4.18 rc2 kernels on my laptop.

What suite of tests would be best to run to show the differences in these kernels, Michael?

PTS has such a huge number of tests to choose from it's hard to decide. This is an old, simple laptop with a Sandy Bridge i3 and integrated Intel graphics running Tumbleweed on EXT3 file system.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
      Nice. I was just thinking of running some tests now that I've got the 4.16, 4.17, and 4.18 rc2 kernels on my laptop.

What suite of tests would be best to run to show the differences in these kernels, Michael?

PTS has such a huge number of tests to choose from it's hard to decide. This is an old, simple laptop with a Sandy Bridge i3 and integrated Intel graphics running Tumbleweed on EXT3 file system.
      Some favorite kernel tests would be:

stress-ng hackbench encode-flac x264 schbench build-linux-kernel fio fs-mark compilebench .... can see some of my other kernel articles for other recommendations, pretty tired at the moment otherwise will comment more tomorrow :/
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Some favorite kernel tests would be:

stress-ng hackbench encode-flac x264 schbench build-linux-kernel fio fs-mark compilebench .... can see some of my other kernel articles for other recommendations, pretty tired at the moment otherwise will comment more tomorrow :/
        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X