Fedora 29 Installer Will Support LUKS2 By Default, Modularity Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 29 Installer Will Support LUKS2 By Default, Modularity Work

Phoronix: Fedora 29 Installer Will Support LUKS2 By Default, Modularity Work

Fedora 29 is shaping up to be a very exciting release with many changes from the desktop/workstation front to low-level improvements. Not only is the operating system itself getting many improvements, but the Anaconda installer is also seeing some continued enhancements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Fedora 29 is shaping up to be a very exciting release with many changes from the desktop/workstation front to low-level improvements.
    Well I would already be happy, if they put all the packages together that got "mass rebuild" tagged. Not like the Fedora 28 release, where a couple of thousands packages weren't rebuild and delivered because someone decided to cut off koji for a hasty infrastructure change and thus many "mass rebuild" instructions never resulted in new packages being build. Today I find myself in seneless discussions with "not a bug" closed Fedora tickets because the maintainer don't understand the problem of the "missing" packages.

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post

Well I would already be happy, if they put all the packages together that got "mass rebuild" tagged. Not like the Fedora 28 release, where a couple of thousands packages weren't rebuild and delivered because someone decided to cut off koji for a hasty infrastructure change and thus many "mass rebuild" instructions never resulted in new packages being build. Today I find myself in seneless discussions with "not a bug" closed Fedora tickets because the maintainer don't understand the problem of the "missing" packages.
      Well, there are number of packages that fail mass rebuild each time. That doesn't mean that package gets missing, you simply get the previous tagged build. That could be a problem or not depending on a lot of factors. E.g., if the package depends on Fortran and GCC 8 increase SOVERSION for libgfortran then it's a big problem. If the package is C-based you shouldn't not notice major (or any) issues. Most of the packages seems to be failing due to GCC 8 string format error and glibc changes.

So a lot depends on the maintainers being prompt and communication with actual upstream regarding issues due to new GCC, gibc, or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by davidlt View Post

Well, there are number of packages that fail mass rebuild each time.
        The correct answer has been given here:
        Phoronix: Fedora 28 Is Now Available For Download Fedora 28 is now officially out, the first on-time release in many years. This is a great update with GNOME

Comment

Working...
        X