No announcement yet.

KDE Elisa 0.2 Released For Improving The Music Experience On The Plasma Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Elisa 0.2 Released For Improving The Music Experience On The Plasma Desktop

Phoronix: KDE Elisa 0.2 Released For Improving The Music Experience On The Plasma Desktop

Elisa 0.2 is now available as the second release for this Qt/KDE Plasma focused open-source music player...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's great that finally someones develops a more modern Qt music player, but it will be a long time until it can replace players like Clementine.
    Elisa is completely unusable on HiDPI displays or any system with increased font DPI. The size of the album cover images in the list is not adjustable.

Comment

very nice! but i also like cmus player. which got all the features and also you can control it over kde's media witdget...

Comment

It's good to have another Music player, but I somehow dislike the design. The big header wastes a lot of space for no added function. And on other form factors I guess it will look just even worse. Hopefully HiDPI will look ok in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by smartalgorithm View Post
          very nice! but i also like cmus player. which got all the features and also you can control it over kde's media witdget...
          Any mpris capable player can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
            It's good to have another Music player, but I somehow dislike the design. The big header wastes a lot of space for no added function. And on other form factors I guess it will look just even worse. Hopefully HiDPI will look ok in the near future.
            I am *very* happy with DeaDBeeF music player! Does everything I need, small , gets out of your way, plays music and nothing more! PERFECT! If anyone knows foobar2000 on Windows then DeaDBeeF is as close as it gets - plus it has a sane default user interface. Actually it looks the way I used to configure foobar2000 when I was stupid enough to use Windows as my daily driver...

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

I am Amarok thy music player; thou shalt have no other music players before Me.

Comment

I'm with audacious mostly for audio, but the development goals ( https://community.kde.org/Elisa -> goals) do sound reasonable. I shall give it a try.
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post

I am *very* happy with DeaDBeeF music player! Does everything I need, small , gets out of your way, plays music and nothing more! PERFECT! If anyone knows foobar2000 on Windows then DeaDBeeF is as close as it gets - plus it has a sane default user interface. Actually it looks the way I used to configure foobar2000 when I was stupid enough to use Windows as my daily driver...
                  I use DeaDBeeF too on Linux. It's a great replacement of Foobar2000 which I use on Windows.
                  I really like the simple interface.

Comment

I really like where things are going with elisa!
                    Not quite ready for a daily driver for me, though :/
                    DeaDBeeF seems like something to try out ^^

Comment

Working...
                    X