Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latte Dock 0.8 Released For This KDE-Aligned Desktop Dock

Phoronix: Latte Dock 0.8 Released For This KDE-Aligned Desktop Dock

Latte Dock 0.8 is now available as the latest feature update for this open-source, KDE-aligned desktop dock...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does Ubuntu layout have global menus and undecorated maximized windows?

Comment

I use latte-dock on my main system on Plasma Wayland every day and it looks great and works really well especially considering all the features. Sometimes I get some crashes or freezes, but I didn't bother so far to check if it is really the fault of latte-dock. In the video is the menu of kwrite in the header bar, last time I tested this it didn't work on Wayland, I think I have to try again :-)

Comment

Originally posted by paupav View Post
        Does Ubuntu layout have global menus and undecorated maximized windows?
        Latte Dock is a dock, not a full GUI.

It is replacing Plasma 5 top/button bar, the rest of the GUI functions the same as Plasma/KDE.

Afaik Plasma has a widget to show the "global menu", so if Latte does not do that by default you can always open the widget list and add the widget to the "top bar" of Latte Dock. Or anywhere else, really.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          Latte Dock is a dock, not a full GUI.

It is replacing Plasma 5 top/button bar, the rest of the GUI functions the same as Plasma/KDE.

Afaik Plasma has a widget to show the "global menu", so if Latte does not do that by default you can always open the widget list and add the widget to the "top bar" of Latte Dock. Or anywhere else, really.
          I'm aware that Late Dock is jsut a dock. I'm asking if window control buttons integrate nicely in the top bar when window is maximized (like in Unity or MATE) I'm asking because I wanna switch workstation at my workplace since Mate is really bad on the multi-monitor setup.

Comment

Working...
          X