Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME's Nautilus Port To GTK4 Making Progress

Phoronix: GNOME's Nautilus Port To GTK4 Making Progress

While GTK4 likely isn't coming out until next spring, the Nautilus file manager port to this updated tool-kit is well underway...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looking at the screenshots it seems the GTK devs succeeded in making the toolkit even more alien than GTK3 already was :/

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
      Looking at the screenshots it seems the GTK devs succeeded in making the toolkit even more alien than GTK3 already was :/
      Looks like gtk3 to me. What difference do you see?

Comment

Great news. Let us hope Gnome 4 won't take too long to come and be usable.

Comment

Looking at that picture and I want to cry. What have they done to Nautilus? That picture shows an big empty window with some icons crammed inside it. The entire illustration looks as if some coder had his first tries opening a gtk window and have some icons shown inside it. No appealing product I would die using.

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
            Looking at that picture and I want to cry. What have they done to Nautilus? That picture shows an big empty window with some icons crammed inside it. The entire illustration looks as if some coder had his first tries opening a gtk window and have some icons shown inside it. No appealing product I would die using.
            To be honest, it looks surprisingly similar to what I expect PCManFM with only one tab open would look like if they'd ported from GTK+ 2.x to GTK+ 3.x rather than Qt 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
              That screenshot is from one developer with his own custom. Nothing special really.

Comment

The entire illustration looks as if some coder had his first tries opening a gtk window and have some icons shown inside it. No appealing product I would die using.
                Um ... wot? Sound like some non-coder make poor joke use worser English skill not know joke on him.

Candy have gooder example from own github repo? Or armchair 'expert' methinks?

Comment

That picture shows an big empty window with some icons crammed inside it.
                  WTH are you going on about? If the folder being viewed had more items, there would be more icons in the empty space...

Comment

You can customize it: https://imgur.com/a/LpVHGZl

Comment

Working...
                    X