Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 18.10's New Theme Is Now Yaru

Phoronix: Ubuntu 18.10's New Theme Is Now Yaru

Since the transition from Unity 7 to GNOME Shell as the default desktop environment on Ubuntu, designers have been working on a proper new theme called "Communitheme" while now it has a new name...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Image is broken for me. Here it is on github: https://github.com/ubuntu/yaru
    I like it a lot, actually!

Edit: fixed now
    Last edited by AsuMagic; 24 July 2018, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Have to agree. It looks very cozy. Hope someone puts in on Flathub also.

Comment

Seems to be the same orange-purple theme stock Ubuntu has always had. Make it blue or something, to call it a "new theme".

Comment

I'll be a dissenter and say I don't really like it. It has some nice bits sure but overall its a little weird and some parts just aren't very visible. In usage the headerbar buttons don't have great visibility and their choice to remove the "linked" style class means that in some situation visual clarity and linkage between UI items is lost. As a slightly more personal complaint there isn't a separate dark theme which matters mostly because with 3.28 and above Gnome have started to dark themes to separate themes due to not enough Theme devs supporting them as per the original intent.

Comment

To be honest looks much modern.

Comment

Too vivid, it's distracting.

Comment

It looks really nice. Ambiance started to show its age and was incredibly ugly with big headers making the 18.04 release the ugliest release so far. It's cool that they manage to keep the feeling while making it more modern and making it work with CSDs.

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                Seems to be the same orange-purple theme stock Ubuntu has always had. Make it blue or something, to call it a "new theme".
                You men like every other default theme on the planet? There are literally a million other choices, use them...
                Last edited by Pajn; 24 July 2018, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I'm not a fan of the flatness because, as SpyroRider pointed out, it sacrifices UI cues, but I do like that they've toned down the widget padding.

Comment

Pop! theme was my favourite until it get broken in 18.04

* Distribution - Ubuntu 18.04 LTS * Gtk+ 3.0 version - 3.22.30-1ubuntu1 * Desktop environment - Gnome * Pop version - Pop!_GNOME+ Version 4.0.0 Related Application and/or Shell theming (or name of ...

Comment

Working...
                    X