Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenMW 0.44 Released, Continues Advancing Open-Source Morrowind Re-Implementation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenMW 0.44 Released, Continues Advancing Open-Source Morrowind Re-Implementation

Phoronix: OpenMW 0.44 Released, Continues Advancing Open-Source Morrowind Re-Implementation

It's been sixteen years since the release of Bethesda's The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind while the open-source community continues working on their re-implementation of this game that was originally powered by the Gamebryo engine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Bethesedas games use scripting in a way that is very detached from the engine , maybe enough that the mod level apis could be practically reimplemented in rust's amethyst engine

Comment

This is part of why I love the Free software community.

And it also reminds me, in what state is native Return to castle wolfenstein on Linux right now? Mostly working or mostly broken?

Comment

Originally posted by makam View Post
        And it also reminds me, in what state is native Return to castle wolfenstein on Linux right now? Mostly working or mostly broken?
        It's working very well with iortcw
        rtcwcoop (which is based on iortcw) also works pretty nicely.

Comment

I finished it with RealRTCW + HD textures on Linux about a month ago:
          RealRTCW is an overhaul mod for critically acclaimed Wolfenstein classic. It features new renderer, expanded arsenal, rebalanced gunplay,and HD graphics!

Comment

Spelling

OpenMW has been going strong an umber of years now

Comment

that was originally powered by the Gamebryo engine
              Morrowind was actually made before Gamebryo, the earlier incarnation of the engine was called NetImmerse back then.

Comment

Working...
              X