Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There Are 600+ Games In The Main Debian Repository

Phoronix: There Are 600+ Games In The Main Debian Repository

In addition to Keith Packard talking about the state of the Debian GNU/Linux stack for gaming in 2018, during this week's DebConf 18 was a talk by Debian developer Markus Koschany on the state of games for the Linux distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A dozen games in... D?
    That was unexpected.

Comment

I have the same problem with CatchChallenger, how integrate it into Debian... it's time, and not so easy to do the .deb
      Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

No problems to run that game with wine-staging and Debian. Download and run:
        Code:
        xfce@ryzenpc:~/Downloads$ wine catchchallenger-single-player-windows-x86-2.0.4.3-setup.exe
        The target is run without wine under debian. It compile and work with just an qmake;make

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

It is simple to make a Debian package from binaries, google: simple debian package and you find like: http://www.sj-vs.net/creating-a-simp...ory-structure/
          The most hard is integration into debian repository, ... I will try when I have more time

Comment

Let me guess. Frozen Bubble is one of the two games written in Perl?

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
              Let me guess. Frozen Bubble is one of the two games written in Perl?
              Yes. What's the second one?

Comment

Off topic question: Does anyone know any polished 64bit Linux car racing games that don't require I install steam?

Comment

Originally posted by hussam View Post
                  Off topic question: Does anyone know any polished 64bit Linux car racing games that don't require I install steam?
                  SuperTuxKart

Comment

Originally posted by ssorgatem View Post
                    A dozen games in... D?
                    That was unexpected.
                    Why was it unexpected?

Comment

Working...
                    X