Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDVLK Vulkan Driver Update Fixes Witcher 3 Issue, Bug Fixes

Phoronix: AMDVLK Vulkan Driver Update Fixes Witcher 3 Issue, Bug Fixes

In addition to AMD releasing AMDGPU-PRO 18.30 on Friday, they also did their usual weekly source push of their newest "AMDVLK" open-source Radeon Vulkan driver code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder which version of AMDVLK is in AMDGPU-PRO 18.30. Then again, AMDVLK doesn't seem to have any versions at all...

Comment

Mihael, a little confusing article name.

Perhaps add word WINE somewhere in description of article. People may understand Witcher 3 is somehow native to Linux, which it's not.

Comment

I thought DXVK only supported RADV and specifically does not support AMDVLK.

Of course, it makes sense for the people behind AMDVLK to make it work, since DXVK is rapidly becoming a key element in the toolset of the Linux gamer.

Comment

Originally posted by asoltesz View Post
          I thought DXVK only supported RADV and specifically does not support AMDVLK.
          It's not like dxvk "supports" any driver, it's simply that some drivers didn't work with it. I'll give amdvlk a test to compare performance to radv with TW3.

Comment

TW3 is working, but with glitches. Performance is very similar to radv.

amdvlk:

radv:

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
              Perhaps add word WINE somewhere in description of article. People may understand Witcher 3 is somehow native to Linux, which it's not.
              I don't think anyone would understand it that way, since there was no Linux release of TW3.

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post
                I wonder which version of AMDVLK is in AMDGPU-PRO 18.30. Then again, AMDVLK doesn't seem to have any versions at all...
                AFAIK, the AMDVLK versions are just based on releases. If you go to the GPUOpen-Drivers on github, all the code repos should have release branches on them.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

I don't think anyone would understand it that way, since there was no Linux release of TW3.
                  They fixed WIne and not Witcher. So article name IS misleading. Does it give indication that Witcher is runing on Linux? Which creates assumption its native. Yes. Does it give indication that its non native port? And destroys notion that game is non native? No.

Comment

Working...
                  X