Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks To Microsoft & LTTng, It's Becoming Possible To Profile .NET Apps On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks To Microsoft & LTTng, It's Becoming Possible To Profile .NET Apps On Linux

Phoronix: Thanks To Microsoft & LTTng, It's Becoming Possible To Profile .NET Apps On Linux

While .NET applications have been supported on Linux for a while now via the .NET Core, using performance profiling tools really haven't working out but that is now changing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

C# and .NET Core is so amazing to work with. Visual Studio Code is a great IDE too.
    Great language and a standard library that is really well designed.

I code in many languages, but I like C# and .NET the most. ❤🙌

Comment

But we still can't debug .net core with monodevelop.
      promises, promises.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        C# and .NET Core is so amazing to work with. Visual Studio Code is a great IDE too.
        Great language and a standard library that is really well designed.

I code in many languages, but I like C# and .NET the most. ❤🙌
        Interesting. Would you mind sharing your opinions about C#, and why you like it the most? I'm just being curious. I don't develop in C# but I got to review source code written in it fairly often, and personally still consider it an awful language. Certainly better than Java, but that's not saying much. My most beloved language is Rust (yes, I realise it's not necessarily everyone's cup of tea), but wherever it's not suitable or justified, my go-to plan-B language is Python 3. I'm still looking for a third one to fill the gap, for the type of problems where Rust is too strict and needlessly adds to the development effort, and Python is too slow and unsafe. Maybe Go would fit that bill...?

Comment

C# is Java done better, but it's a syntactically noisy language and not exactly a pleasure to develop with.

Comment

Working...
          X