Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KaOS 2018.08 Released As One Of The Great KDE Linux Distributions

Phoronix: KaOS 2018.08 Released As One Of The Great KDE Linux Distributions

KaOS 2018.08 has been released as the newest stable ISO spin of this built-from-scratch, Arch-inspired Linux distribution that offers a first-rate KDE Plasma desktop experience...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've always appreciated the modern approach KaOS takes but it's always been buggy and crashy when I've tested it, and having the panel on the right is completely unintuitive for those used to left-to-right languages. Additionally, the use of different icons and widget themes makes me suspect a "trying to be different for no reason" attitude, which is concerning.

Comment

arch has very good kde support. why KaOS? just curios

Comment

Better than Manjaro, though?

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
          Better than Manjaro, though?
          Maybe Antergos KDE would be a better comparison?

Comment

Originally posted by flower View Post
            arch has very good kde support. why KaOS? just curios
            Because the PKGBUILD files are publicly available and people like to do their own thing sometimes. For example, I use Arch Linux even though I disagree with how their philosophy changed after 2007 (introduction of optdepends for concrete dependencies, etc...). If I had the energy, I would fork it myself.

Comment

Working...
            X