Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Launches Open-Source Podcast Show

Phoronix: Intel Launches Open-Source Podcast Show

Intel's Open-Source Technology Center is launching a new initiative... a podcast. Through their new show Open-Source Voices they will be focusing upon their many open-source software projects and other efforts they are engaged in through the OTC. On their premiere episode happens to be Kelly Hammond (Software Engineering Director) and your's truly talking about the work Intel's been doing on Linux distribution development via Clear Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool, I'll have to check it out later. Is this going to be a regular thing between you two, or are you just a one-time guest (or is this just a one-time show)?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Cool, I'll have to check it out later. Is this going to be a regular thing between you two, or are you just a one-time guest (or is this just a one-time show)?
      As far as I know, it's going to be a regular show. It's been in the works for several months.

I was asked onto this episode, I haven't been asked about any future episodes but certainly would be happy to do it again if they will be talking about fun projects like their Mesa drivers, etc.

The announcement does note some of their other upcoming content. "’m also excited about some of the episodes to follow. We’ll dive into Kubernetes with Jose Palafox and Kelsey Hightower, learn more about Kata Containers from Eric Ernst and Anne Bertucio, gain community insights from Jono Bacon and Jeffrey Osier-Mixon, and much more."
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Lol, I've been a Phoronix reader for over ten years and this is the first time I've heard Michael's voice. Quite a surprising experience :P

Interesting podcast though

Comment

Cool.

Intel should speak more about Meltdown and Spectre & friends more, why they were hidding it for so long during 2017., how we were exposed to these for decades, why pushing for performance is in many cases unsafe... basically to explain why shit is shit

I am actually interested currently mostly to know when fixed CPUs will be on shelves
          Last edited by dungeon; 05 September 2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EarthMind View Post
            Lol, I've been a Phoronix reader for over ten years and this is the first time I've heard Michael's voice. Quite a surprising experience :P
            He was on the Linux Action Show once as well, although that was a long time ago. https://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/...an-las-s23e01/

Comment

Would be great to get Thiago Macieira to talk about Qt, CBOR, etc. He's a true champion on the Qt mailing lists.

Comment

they should improve the audio quality. i feel like i listen over the ol wired phone.

Comment

Originally posted by deant View Post
                  they should improve the audio quality. i feel like i listen over the ol wired phone.
                  They had us call in over telephone system where as most other podcasters (at least the other shows I've been on) have used Skype or various other web platforms where with USB microphone can attain much better audio quality.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                    why pushing for performance is in many cases unsafe
                    Doesn't matter since performance is still more important than security. If you disagree go use an in-order CPU or take out your internet connection, then you're perfectly safe.

Comment

Working...
                    X