Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 29 Beta Has Been Delayed

Phoronix: Fedora 29 Beta Has Been Delayed

As happens almost every Fedora Linux release cycle, the initial development release has been pushed back...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Grass is green. Sky is blue. Fedora is delayed.

Fun fact: Fedora version numbers are based on the year they are supposed to be out. Fedora 29 is the one that was originally scheduled for 1929. Well...

Comment

Fun fact is that I got disappointed for something I did not really care until I read the article on phoronix.com.

Comment

I feel like you missed a word here, or is it intentional?

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        As happens almost every Fedora Linux release cycle,

Comment

I guess it's time now for my half-yearly reminder that, actually, the beta has not been delayed and that the release actually is on schedule as planned.

Comment

I use it (Silverblue Edition) since a few days and the single issue I recognized are two SELinux notifications.

Comment

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1628525 - clearly they have a governance problem. How do they expect to get a release out with a bunch of hand wringers arguing over if an old background is a blocker or not. Seeing something so stupid on the list of proposed blockers (not to mention the carrying on about if it was a blocker or not) discredits the whole release management process.

Comment

Working...
              X