Canonical Developers Now Preparing Mir 1.0 For Release With Wayland Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canonical Developers Now Preparing Mir 1.0 For Release With Wayland Support

Phoronix: Canonical Developers Now Preparing Mir 1.0 For Release With Wayland Support

Mir 1.0 was talked about for release last year but at the last minute they reverted it to Mir 0.28. There is now a patch pending that is once again attempting the Mir 1.0 milestone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So what graphics drivers will work with it?

Comment

I'm surprised that Canonical never started a project about a new Linux kernel ehm

Comment

Minor miscapitalization, unless intended:

'more than five years after mir began as"

Comment

Originally posted by frank007 View Post
          I'm surprised that Canonical never started a project about a new Linux kernel ehm
          That would be redundant when they have already adopted systemd.

Comment

Originally posted by Spazturtle View Post

That would be redundant when they have already adopted systemd.
            You mean systemkerneld.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

You mean systemkerneld.
              Ubuntu adopted Systemd because Debian chose Systemd. Shuttleworth actually lobbied for Upstart, but honored Debians choice.
              Personally I quite like Systemd, although there is some getting used to with command names and all. But it seems much more robust and well designed than the shell-script mess it replaces.

But everyone's choice to their own. There are plenty of other distros to choose from. No need to restart a new trollish flamewar on this subject.....

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post

Ubuntu adopted Systemd because Debian chose Systemd. Shuttleworth actually lobbied for Upstart, but honored Debians choice.
                Personally I quite like Systemd, although there is some getting used to with command names and all. But it seems much more robust and well designed than the shell-script mess it replaces.

But everyone's choice to their own. There are plenty of other distros to choose from. No need to restart a new trollish flamewar on this subject.....
                Wow, I always thought Debian was the last main distro to adopt systemd.

Comment

Have you already forgotten about Canonical's romance with Microsoft? That's how the WSL (Linux kernel clone) was born.

In fact, the Windows Subsystem for Linux was made from the ashes of Project Astoria (Android emulator for Windows 10 Mobile), but Canonical still had a big impact on creating Bash for Windows.

Comment

Wow, I always thought Debian was the last main distro to adopt systemd.
                    There was a heated (and lengthy) debate, and Debian developers decided to go with systemd. Right choice IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                    X