Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LLVM 7.0 Released: Better CPU Support, AMDGPU Vega 20; Clang 7.0 Gets FMV & OpenCL C++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM 7.0 Released: Better CPU Support, AMDGPU Vega 20; Clang 7.0 Gets FMV & OpenCL C++

Phoronix: LLVM 7.0 Released: Better CPU Support, AMDGPU Vega 20; Clang 7.0 Gets FMV & OpenCL C++

As anticipated, LLVM release manager Hans Wennborg announced the official availability today of LLVM 7.0 compiler stack as well as associated sub-projects including the Clang 7.0 C/C++ compiler front-end, Compiler-RT, libc++, libunwind, LLDB, and others...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Do you know when it will hit Arch repositories?
    I'm looking forward to the various lockups that might have been addressed with Mesa (although, I'm always surprised that such a thing can happen from user-space at all).

Maybe it will solve battleblock theater locking up my whole session, for instance?

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
      Do you know when it will hit Arch repositories?
      I'm looking forward to the various lockups that might have been addressed with Mesa (although, I'm always surprised that such a thing can happen from user-space at all).

Maybe it will solve battleblock theater locking up my whole session, for instance?
      Well the same happen to me with Arch, so far this lock up random is part of amdgpu that the video card need to restart so make all the system hang up so far I check when I receive those lockup. Well also Steam recommend if you are using mesa, that we use the version 7+ and if you are using proton. So far with the updates I receive less lockup.
      I believe in two day this package will be release. Anyway you always can check on the on the archlinux and search for the package, or check git on the packeage if there update of files meaning they are planing to update soon.

Comment

Wonder if they will update the ARCH 6.0.1 release to 7 or just add another llvm to the repo for people to install/overwrite older versions themselves?

Comment

Working...
        X