Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.11.2 Released With ~800 Changes, 250+ Bug Fixes

Phoronix: Qt 5.11.2 Released With ~800 Changes, 250+ Bug Fixes

Since the June release of Qt 5.11.1 on the 5.11 branch there has been more than 800 changes and 250 bug fixes that made it into Qt 5.11.2 as the next point release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

support for building QtWayland on macOS (why?)
    I'm guessing it's because they have developers using the Mac as their default desktop.

Comment

support for building QtWayland on macOS (why?)
      Because Wayland can work on an application level, even if the environment isn't "Wayland". For example, I know some KDE projects are internally using Wayland (or discussing it) to embed content. For example, if you wrote a web browser and wanted to embed the renderer using Wayland, you could do that. In this case, the browser would be the "server", and that server would be passing on the inputs from the environment.

I don't know what Kwin was using it for, but I was speaking with Martin years ago and internally Kwin was using Wayland protocols, even if it was running under X11. Wayland it just a protocol, and in that respect it's OS and environment agnostic.
      Last edited by Kver; 20 September 2018, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
        I'm guessing it's because they have developers using the Mac as their default desktop.
        yep, there are some discussions of Wayland on windows too

Comment

Working...
        X