12-Way Intel / AMD Integrated Graphics Linux Tests On Ubuntu 18.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-Way Intel / AMD Integrated Graphics Linux Tests On Ubuntu 18.10

Phoronix: 12-Way Intel / AMD Integrated Graphics Linux Tests On Ubuntu 18.10

Here is a fresh look at the current Linux OpenGL/Vulkan performance of various new and old Intel/AMD systems with integrated graphics using Ubuntu 18.10.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When I saw title, I expected comparison in gaming performance and on various resolutions like FullHD and QHD... I would welcome such benchmark.

Comment

Regarding the Ryzen 2400G issue, the article from May mentions that its support seemed to have been squared away on kernel 4.17 and Mesa 18.2 series but the summary table in this article shows that Mesa 18.1 was used for testing here. The rest of the text is not clear about whether the issues remained after upping Ubuntu 18.10 to Mesa 18.2..

Comment

I am not surprised by the instabilities experienced. You could try with dynamic power management disabled like this:

cd /sys/class/drm/card0/device
        echo manual >power_dpm_force_performance_level
        echo 1 >pp_dpm_mclk
        echo 6 >pp_dpm_sclk

(Depending on the GPU type or load, other values for pp_dpm_* might be more appropriate.)

Comment

my 2400g has been working very well for a decent time now (im using manjaro), sad to know there might be issues on 18.10, altough mesa 18.2 MIGHT fix them

Comment

This more or less validates what I’m seein on my Rysen powered HP Envy. Very good GPU performance across the board. More so it gets better with each kernel update and is real snappy with Fedora 29 Beta.

Sadly still ill waiting to see an occasional hang fixed which might not even be GPU related.

Comment

My 2400g has run well with every kernel (above 4.15) and version (above 17.x.x) of mesa. Right now I'm running 4.18.10 and Mesa 18.2.1-2. I'm still thankful to Michael for saving me from all the frustration from February and May. It sure is a dandy processor with a heckuva GPU. I'd sure like to see Michael get both his 2200g and 2400g working at the same time, reliably.

Neat comparison Michael.

Comment

The performance of the Iris Pro 6200 graphics on the Intel 5775C is pretty good compared to all the other Intel CPUs. It turns out that the Iris Pro GPU's have 48 execution units and 128MB of eDRAM, compared to the usual 24 execution units and no ram. I wish Intel included this GPU on more of their mid-range mobile CPU's, instead of bundling their chips with the dreaded NVIDIA 940MX.

It would be interesting to see the performance of the Ryzen 2400G. Even thought it has 3 more GPU cores, in the tests that I have seen, it doesn't seem to perform that much better than the 2200G.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
                  This more or less validates what I’m seein on my Rysen powered HP Envy. Very good GPU performance across the board. More so it gets better with each kernel update and is real snappy with Fedora 29 Beta.

Sadly still ill waiting to see an occasional hang fixed which might not even be GPU related.
                  I've been waiting a long time for 13" HP Envy to arrive in my country. With no signs of availability, I got a 14" Dell Latitude 5495 w/ Ryzen 2500U, 16GB RAM and 256GB M.2 just a few a hours ago. I'm still testing distros before going into benchmarking, I'm expecting the same as 2200G in terms of graphics.

It would be interesting to see the memory frequency and timings, this pages just shows the capacity: https://openbenchmarking.org/system/...RA-INTEGRATE43

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post

I've been waiting a long time for 13" HP Envy to arrive in my country. With no signs of availability, I got a 14" Dell Latitude 5495 w/ Ryzen 2500U, 16GB RAM and 256GB M.2 just a few a hours ago. I'm still testing distros before going into benchmarking, I'm expecting the same as 2200G in terms of graphics.

It would be interesting to see the memory frequency and timings, this pages just shows the capacity: https://openbenchmarking.org/system/...RA-INTEGRATE43
                    I suspect that you will be very happy with the machine once you settle on a distro. To that end you will need a distro with the newest kernel possible along with the latest graphics drivers. I'm running Fedroa 29 beta right now with the hope that stable will ships with kernel 4.19 or support it shortly after shipping. In fact I just did another update via DNF and will reboot shortly. So far the beta has been very stable and any problems I have existed in Fedroa 28 too. By the way totally unrelated but Fedora 29 seems to be far better on high DPI screens. That is likely related tot he latest GNOME.

Comment

Working...
                    X