Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Windows Server 2019 Now Available

Phoronix: Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Windows Server 2019 Now Available

Microsoft today announced the general availability of their Windows 10 October 2018 Update and for those on servers/clouds is Windows Server 2019...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

1803 Still won't boot on one of my machines, hopefully the new version works and I am able to skip 1803 altogether. For now it's stuck on 1709.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
      1803 Still won't boot on one of my machines, hopefully the new version works and I am able to skip 1803 altogether. For now it's stuck on 1709.
      Ha! I was just thinking about that! I finally got 1803 to install a few weeks ago, after 7 or 8 tries over many months, and now there's a new one? Sheesh. Oh well, I don't actually use Windows anymore anyway. I just have Windows 7 and Windows 10 KVM virtual machines and when I'm bored and need a challenge I try to update them

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
        Update your firmware. I came across a Gateway that would freeze in the middle of the update because of some USB issue. Older versions of W10 would work. Usually it tends to be OEM’s fault instead of microsoft

Comment

@Michael: --- this 128 thread, 512GB RAM, 20 x SSD server arriving today

Yippie-Ka Yeah, Dell, AMD, dual Epyc 7601, finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
            @Michael: --- this 128 thread, 512GB RAM, 20 x SSD server arriving today

Yippie-Ka Yeah, Dell, AMD, dual Epyc 7601, finally!!!
            Do you have 'some numbers'?

Comment

I am surprised to find news about Windows Updates here. Who cares about them? I certainly don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Kohrias View Post
                I am surprised to find news about Windows Updates here. Who cares about them? I certainly don't.
                I pretty much only ever cover them as a prelude for benchmarks coming against Linux and showing what current desktop Linux distributions have to run against.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

50 years ago Windows XP service pack: Security Center, Firewall, new APIs, new WMP, etc.

Today Windows 10 service pack: Dark theme and emojis.

M$ doing the hard work here.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                    50 years ago Windows XP service pack: Security Center, Firewall, new APIs, new WMP, etc.

Today Windows 10 service pack: Dark theme and emojis.

M$ doing the hard work here.
                    With Windows OS as a service now, they have no incentive to do any hard work, or even basic QC. Release now, fix it later.

Comment

Working...
                    X