Raptor Announces "Blackbird" Micro-ATX, Low-Cost POWER9 Motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor Announces "Blackbird" Micro-ATX, Low-Cost POWER9 Motherboard

Phoronix: Raptor Announces "Blackbird" Micro-ATX, Low-Cost POWER9 Motherboard

Since August we've been excited to hear about Raptor Computing Systems' new POWER9 open-source system in development and today at the OpenPOWER Summit in Amsterdam they announced Blackbird...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm seriously hoping I can stick an 8 core Sforza POWER9 chip in there. That could make this the perfect setup.

Comment

This day keeps getting better.

Comment

I was looking for a reason to reinstall Gentoo!

Comment

Please be something sub 700$. That would be a really good price for high performance non x86 boards.

Comment

If the Price is not, like the previous machines...it will have a far greater success.
            This is targeted at Mainstream users, and so, the price should be competitive with amd64.

If it materializes, I will have one

Comment

Hopefully they take some business away from SuperMicro which will be penny stock by the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
                If the Price is not, like the previous machines...it will have a far greater success.
                This is targeted at Mainstream users, and so, the price should be competitive with amd64.

If it materializes, I will have one
                As long as "competitive with amd64" means "slightly more expensive than Threadripper or same-class enthusiast Intel motherboards" (ie.e 500-700$ price range), I think it's doable.

If you mean it should cost like 150$ or less, then I don't think you will be happy.

Maybe next year if they sell this mobo well enough.

Comment

At least we have picture of this blackbird in action, altough it more looks like bluebird with that Radeon Pro

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                    At least we have picture of this blackbird in action, altough it more looks like bluebird with that Radeon Pro
                    Anything but blinding blue LEDs.
                    It almost hurts my eyes just looking at the picture.

Comment

Working...
                    X