Mageia 6.1 Released With Updated Kernel For Better Hardware Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mageia 6.1 Released With Updated Kernel For Better Hardware Support

Phoronix: Mageia 6.1 Released With Updated Kernel For Better Hardware Support

The Mageia Linux distribution with its lineage going back to Mandriva and before that Mandrake is out with a slightly updated OS this weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Most notable with the Magea 6.1 update is a newer kernel build,

Comment

Wonderful, thanks for the update Michael, Mageia is one of the older distros around but it has aged well and stays true to its core principles: choice. Mageia has never forced a desktop down their user's throats and has always had a large, stable and well rounded repository. They also have their "cauldron" repository for those who wish to be more "adventurous", or those of us who are running Raven Ridge hardware.

Great work Mageia.

Comment

"Firefox 60.2". Old farts. FF 62 has been out for a while. I thought I'd give it a try but not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          "Firefox 60.2". Old farts. FF 62 has been out for a while. I thought I'd give it a try but not anymore.
          Mageia follows Firefox ESR releases. Firefox 60 is the latest ESR release.

Comment

They just switched to 60.2, they were on 52.9 and I could watch channels from my hdhomerun via firefox but firefox ended support thus no more npapi support. Newer isn't always better.

Comment

Originally posted by gukin View Post
              Wonderful, thanks for the update Michael, Mageia is one of the older distros around but it has aged well and stays true to its core principles: choice. Mageia has never forced a desktop down their user's throats and has always had a large, stable and well rounded repository. They also have their "cauldron" repository for those who wish to be more "adventurous", or those of us who are running Raven Ridge hardware.

Great work Mageia.
              There is also a 4.18.12 based kenel in backports (currently in testing) that will help out with newer GPUs and other new hw, and a also a nvidia-current 410.57 currently in testing for those that want /need it for nVidia RTX cards...

Comment

Working...
              X