Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora Developers Update Firefox For Wayland With V-Sync, HiDPI, Better Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Developers Update Firefox For Wayland With V-Sync, HiDPI, Better Rendering

Phoronix: Fedora Developers Update Firefox For Wayland With V-Sync, HiDPI, Better Rendering

Red Hat / Fedora developers have updated Firefox packages pending for F27 / F28 / F29 that bring a slew of improvements for the web-browser operating under Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

is the bloody "dark mode" still breaking things in Firefox?! Still having few quirks in text box.. can't imagine not using dark mode, so relaxing on the eyes
    Last edited by horizonbrave; 09 October 2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Martin Stransky seems to be only developer working on Wayland support for Firefox. 😢

Thanks for all the work Martin! 👍

Comment

Wow wow wow do we finally have a Wayland browser by default in a Linux distro? Can't wait for Wayland by default in mainline Firefox as well. In the meantime, on the Chromium lands...
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Martin and Red Hat deserve all the credit for the work that's been put into FF wayland. Cant wait for all the bugs to be sorted out and have it on stable.

Comment

Really cool stuff, especially in combination with flatpak. Do they already ship firefox as flatpak on silverblue?

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
              is the bloody "dark mode" still breaking things in Firefox?! Still having few quirks in text box.. can't imagine not using dark mode, so relaxing on the eyes
              If you haven't done it already, try this:
              Go to about:config > New > String, name it widget.content.gtk-theme-override, and give it a value of Adwaita.

At least that's what I had to do in my Gnome instance (Ubuntu) using the Adwaita Dark theme

Comment

Sway and Firefox-on-Wayland are two things I'm waiting on to try and play with Wayland.
                Originally posted by treba View Post
                Really cool stuff, especially in combination with flatpak. Do they already ship firefox as flatpak on silverblue?
                Why "especially in combination with flatpak"? Are you saying this as an end user? Just curious about end users opinion, I'm considering Flatpak as a target for an application no one will use lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleksei View Post
                  Sway and Firefox-on-Wayland are two things I'm waiting on to try and play with Wayland.

Why "especially in combination with flatpak"? Are you saying this as an end user? Just curious about end users opinion, I'm considering Flatpak as a target for an application no one will use lol.
                  Flatcrap is the Gnome Official Package standard nowadays. I guess if you want to be bleeding edgy that's the combo to pick.

As a side note: if you wanna try flatcrap, you might want to look into gnome-builder which makes it pretty easy to make them. Supports most languages, it's a nice editor and has full Meson support!

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                    Wow wow wow do we finally have a Wayland browser by default in a Linux distro? Can't wait for Wayland by default in mainline Firefox as well. In the meantime, on the Chromium lands...
                    Chromium doesn't even want to enable hardware acceleration by default on Linux, so I'm pretty sure they're going to take their sweet time with implementing good Wayland support.

Comment

Working...
                    X