Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA's Guide For Getting Started With RTX Ray-Tracing In Vulkan

Phoronix: NVIDIA's Guide For Getting Started With RTX Ray-Tracing In Vulkan

Last month's Vulkan 1.1.85 release brought NVIDIA's experimental ray-tracing extension (VK_NVX_raytracing) while for those curious how this fits into the Vulkan workflow, NVIDIA today published a guide for getting started with ray-time ray-tracing in the Vulkan space...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Guide by Nvidia on how to get vender locked into a system that isn't even complete.

Also, I am a personal financial advisor corporation. Send us all your money we'll I'll convert it to credits, need a bill paid? We pay with your credits and make us all money!!!

Comment

It's not vendor locked. Vulkan extensions never are, and they specifically mention that it was designed to work on any compute hardware with or without acceleration.

But you know, that'd require actually reading the article and not just doing drive by attacks on any Nvidia news stories.

Comment

Wait for Ray-Tracing would adopted in AMD.
        Nvidia without open source driver not needed in Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
          Guide by Nvidia on how to get vender locked into a system that isn't even complete.

Also, I am a personal financial advisor corporation. Send us all your money we'll I'll convert it to credits, need a bill paid? We pay with your credits and make us all money!!!
          Damn, first post already a conspiracy nutjob. I honestly expected it to be the second.

Comment

Working...
          X