Windows 10 October 2018 Update Performance Against Ubuntu 18.10, Fedora 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 October 2018 Update Performance Against Ubuntu 18.10, Fedora 29

Phoronix: Windows 10 October 2018 Update Performance Against Ubuntu 18.10, Fedora 29

As the latest of our benchmarks using the newly re-released Microsoft Windows 10 October 2018 Update, here are benchmarks of this latest Windows 10 build against seven different Linux distributions on the same hardware for checking out the current performance of these operating systems.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    for an upcoming Proton/SteamPlay benchmark comparison.
    I wonder whether Unigine Heaven (the Windows version) is available on Steam Play...

Comment

That Tumbleweed needs some new momentum...

Comment

Have you compared WSL performance between the initial Win10 October release and the re-release? I did a clean install with the initial October release and perceived my system to be running slower afterwards. I'm curious to know if this is real and whether i should clean install with the new release. Last i checked an updated media creator had not been released for the re-release. Would appreciate any advice .

Comment

Fedora and Opensuse are the worst, manjaro not good too after all blending edge are not so good in performance terms

Comment

Windows 1809 is not re-released though, despite what the article says. It's an insider build only.

Comment

Was Windows Defender disabled during the tests?

Comment

Isn't this the normal degradation in Windows performance you see here?

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
                  Fedora and Opensuse are the worst, manjaro not good too after all blending edge are not so good in performance terms
                  Depends. Clear Linux and Solus are very good in performance terms and win nearly all benchmarks, so rolling doesn't have to be a performance issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X