Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC's Test Suite To Begin Testing C++17 By Default

Phoronix: GCC's Test Suite To Begin Testing C++17 By Default

GCC's test suite will soon begin testing the C++17 standard as part of its C++98/11/14 standard tests by default... This doesn't affect the default C++ standard used by the GCC G++ compiler at this point, but at least will help eliminate any lingering C++17 bugs as well as helping to stop regressions in the future...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"when not overrode" -> when not overridden

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
      "when not overrode" -> when not overridden
      The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

"verb (used with object), o·ver·rode, o·ver·rid·den, o·ver·rid·ing."

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
        https://www.dictionary.com/browse/overrode
        "verb (used with object), o·ver·rode, o·ver·rid·den, o·ver·rid·ing."
        There's something to be said for preferring the most common phrasing.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
          There's something to be said for preferring the most common phrasing.
          I don't care about common phrasing. If it's correct, then it's correct, so Michael shouldn't have to edit the article this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
            I don't care about common phrasing. If it's correct, then it's correct, so Michael shouldn't have to edit the article this time around.
            If people think it's incorrect, then it affects readability of the article and reflects poorly on Michael. I think most editors would agree with me.

That's not to say I'd never use uncommon phrasing, but not without a specific benefit in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
              If people think it's incorrect, then it affects readability of the article and reflects poorly on Michael. I think most editors would agree with me.
              As a Freelance Translator, I'm all about readability. And in this case, I think the article is readable with that specific word.

Comment

Working...
              X