Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Looks Like WARHAMMER II Could Be Out For Linux Next Month

Phoronix: It Looks Like WARHAMMER II Could Be Out For Linux Next Month

We've long been looking forward to WARHAMMER II on Linux and it looks like that could be realized next month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is great news

Comment

This reminded me to check and it looks like the Linux port of Battletech went to Beta on Steam at the end of last month. Hopefully the cycle goes well and quickly so it can launch on GOG soon!
      https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...on-steam.12653

EDIT: On the KS Page for Battletech, they state that they anticipate a Linux launch with their 1.3 update on 27-Nov!
      Last month we released a Steam Beta branch of the Linux version of BATTLETECH. Thank you to everyone who's tested on that branch! We expect the Linux version to exit Beta on November 27th as part of the 1.3 Update on all distribution platforms.
      Last edited by stargazer; 23 October 2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Cool, I'll probably buy it from the Feral website to support them. They're fairly over-priced, but I like to throw them some money from time-to-time to show support.

I very much like that the announcement and release are always in close proximity, the fact that delays are kept behind closed doors is best for consumers in my opinion. And I hope that the fact that their releases have kept pace means that their business is viable and they keep on doing what they're doing. It would be a shame if Proton cut into their profits, native games are much more preferable.

Comment

Not too interesting if it still lacks cross-platform multiplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
            It would be a shame if Proton cut into their profits, native games are much more preferable.
            Maybe for Ubuntu, on Gentoo I have to fiddle with libraries copied from Ubuntu because they link their blobs against the Ubuntu versions with non-standard ABI. On the other hand Proton "just works". In fact I hope Valve will add an option to ignore the crapy attempts of native ports and run the games through Proton anyway.
            Last edited by Ansla; 05 November 2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X