No announcement yet.

Chrome 71 Beta Offers Low-Latency Canvas Contexts, International Relative Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 71 Beta Offers Low-Latency Canvas Contexts, International Relative Time

Phoronix: Chrome 71 Beta Offers Low-Latency Canvas Contexts, International Relative Time

With Google Chrome/Chromium 70 having debuted last week, promoted now from dev to beta is Chrome 71...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still no hardware video decoding progress?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
      Still no hardware video decoding progress?
      Nope. If you need it compile chromium with vaapi patch or use ppa for ubuntu. From what I know chromium with vaapi coming (or is available) to openmandriva, arch, opensuse thumbleweed, fedora.

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
        arch
        Arch or aur?
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

Arch or aur?
          aur

and pre-compiled

Comment

Been using Chrome for about 8 years. Switched back to Firefox a couple days ago. Google finally went full evil with Chrome 70 and doesn't allow you to sync your browser data without you being logged in to all their sites. You dare to use google.com or youtube without logging in? No sync for you! You dare having different Google accounts for different purposes? No sync for you!

Well, goodbye Chrome, hello Firefox! It's been a while, old pal.

Comment

i dont use google junk anymore. I just need a replacement for gmail. I use opera as a replacement.

Comment

I was aware of the AUR package (that's what I'm using), but for a moment I thought that Arch started shipping the patch.
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

What did they break in this release?

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    JavaScript interface for an international relative time format with support for multiple languages/words/phrases for handling relative time measurements
                    Is this something like when items on a website are timestamped as "2 hours ago"?

IMO, it would be much better just to have a standard numeric notation for that. It would be more concise, more precise, and avoid the localization headache.

Comment

Working...
                    X