Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WireGuard Is Now Available On Apple iOS

Phoronix: WireGuard Is Now Available On Apple iOS

While WireGuard didn't make it for Linux 4.20 to the mainline kernel, if you are using an Apple tablet or phone, there is now an app that allows you to use WireGuard on iOS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wireguard is not available on Windows, the page you link to actually strongly advises staying away from unofficial clients.

Comment

That's right, but Windows should be coming soon! (Famous last words. But really: we're working on it!)

Comment

Thank you Jason and team!

Comment

TunSafe is a legit open-source WireGuard client for Windows. That warning message is about a

Comment

I'm pretty sure the very legitimate and important warning is about tunsafe. Don't use tunsafe: it is absolute trash. Horrible code base, only partially open source, leading toward a paid-business premium model situation, written by people with a history of being scummy and bundling things like adware or selling stuff for profit. And, did I mention, the codebase is just disgusting? Don't use tunsafe. Stick to the real official wireguard clients from upstream.

Like all neat new things, there will always be hawks and people just trying to profit, folks cloning stuff in subpar ways, and so forth. And then of course, the massive troll army that crops up to support such hawks. Tunsafe is nothing new in this regard. Yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by friendlyfoxx
              TunSafe is a a open-source WireGuard client for Windows. That warning message is about another ad-ware client I guess since there has not been any known issues with TunSafe since it was launched more than a half-year ago.
              It was proprietary until 3 months ago.

Comment

Wow, this is amazing. I did not expect a beta (or alpha ;-) to come out for many months!

Thank you so much for your admirable dedication to the project zx2c4 !

Comment

zx2c4 - a feature request.

I am a paying customer of OpenVPN Access Server and I find it essential to manage thousands of users of an organization.

I found this note on the Project TODO list:
                  Dynamic Web App for Provisioning
                  Many folks would like to run their own web app that dynamically provisions IPs and accepts keys based on some credential. It would be nice to revamp demo.wireguard.com to use this.
                  I suppose it is what I would need. I would happily migrate to Wireguard when it will stable and a such web app is available. Basically, with the web app users should be able to:
                  • connect with their existing credentials (using RADIUS or LDAP);
                  • download the VPN connection profile and VPN app for their OS;
                  • have a way to disable the VPN when their account (RADIUS or LDAP) is expired.
                  Possibly admins should also be able to do some basic management.

Open Source is better for sure, but no problem if it is a paid software (as it is OpenVPN Access Server).

Thank you for working on this.

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                    zx2c4 - a feature request.

I suppose it is what I would need. I would happily migrate to Wireguard when it will stable and a such web app is available. Basically, with the web app users should be able to:
                    • connect with their existing credentials (using RADIUS or LDAP);
                    • download the VPN connection profile and VPN app for their OS;
                    • have a way to disable the VPN when their account (RADIUS or LDAP) is expired.
                    Possibly admins should also be able to do some basic management.
                    ATM WireGuard only depends on public/private key authentication, no usernames involved.
                    You could probably save public keys via radius or LDAP, but it's a bit hard to implement a user/pw logic like with OpenVPN ...

Comment

Working...
                    X