No announcement yet.

VirtualBox 5.2.22 Released, Disables 3D For Wayland & Brings Linux 4.19 Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VirtualBox 5.2.22 Released, Disables 3D For Wayland & Brings Linux 4.19 Fixes

Phoronix: VirtualBox 5.2.22 Released, Disables 3D For Wayland & Brings Linux 4.19 Fixes

While VirtualBox 6.0 is in beta, VirtualBox 5.2.22 was released today as the latest stable release for this Oracle virtualization software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

0-day vulnerability for VirtualBox using e1000 driver... And no 3D for Wayland users? That's interesting.

Comment

1) What MacOS version runs on VirtualBox - the Apple one or Hackintosh?
      2) When does it plan supporting Vulkan?

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
        1) What MacOS version runs on VirtualBox - the Apple one or Hackintosh?
        2) When does it plan supporting Vulkan?
        #1 Plain Apple macOS works if your real hardware passes the "pure macintosh" tests, and if you add some special settings to vbox. At least it worked fine for me as long as I had an Intel CPU but as soon as I switched to Ryzen it borks completely at boot and I have found no fix for that.

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

#1 Plain Apple macOS works if your real hardware passes the "pure macintosh" tests, and if you add some special settings to vbox. At least it worked fine for me as long as I had an Intel CPU but as soon as I switched to Ryzen it borks completely at boot and I have found no fix for that.
          Huh... I had tried to install a previous version of MacOS in VBox on my Macbook previously and could never get it to boot. I believe at the time I was running something in the Yosemite/Sierra range, but my laptop originally shipped with Snow Leopard (what I was trying to get running). Maybe I'll try again someday just for kicks, before I wipe MacOS from that machine completely (no longer supported, so it just spends most of its time in Ubuntu/Gnome anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post

Huh... I had tried to install a previous version of MacOS in VBox on my Macbook previously and could never get it to boot. I believe at the time I was running something in the Yosemite/Sierra range, but my laptop originally shipped with Snow Leopard (what I was trying to get running). Maybe I'll try again someday just for kicks, before I wipe MacOS from that machine completely (no longer supported, so it just spends most of its time in Ubuntu/Gnome anyway).
            You also have to set these options in VirtualBox with the vboxmanage command: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-V...l3YVNERGs/view link shows for Windows but it worked similar for my on Ubuntu. They will make Vbox present the Macintosh hardware to macOS instead of the generic PC that it otherwise presents even if run on a true Macintosh hardware.

For me that worked until I changed my CPU from Intel to AMD though.

Comment

Windows 10 Pro 1803 guest hangs on VB 5.22 running on a Linux host. Not only does the guest hang, it hangs the entire Linux host. I haven't had a guest OS hang a Linux host before.

Comment

Working...
              X