Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total War: WARHAMMER II Launching For Linux Next Week

Phoronix: Total War: WARHAMMER II Launching For Linux Next Week

Feral Interactive has just announced that Total War: WARHAMMER II will be released for Linux (and macOS) next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool, but we are still missing Rome II.

Comment

Oof, I really want to support them, but £40 is a bit steep. Really could do with being ~£30, but I think I'll get anyway. Feral is truly doing the Lord's work

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
        Oof, I really want to support them, but £40 is a bit steep. Really could do with being ~£30, but I think I'll get anyway. Feral is truly doing the Lord's work
        Seriously, £40 is steep for a video game?

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
          Seriously, £40 is steep for a video game?
          IMHO, yes. I mean: 15 years ago, those prices were pretty much standard, but these days, a lot of (similar) high-quality games are being sold for less.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
            IMHO, yes. I mean: 15 years ago, those prices were pretty much standard, but these days, a lot of (similar) high-quality games are being sold for less.
            At the same time, games are more expensive to develop than ever, not to mention their price should steadily increase due to inflation.

No wonder every dev looks into developing mobile games these days, with such a cheapskate crowd. Or if they do develop PC games, they riddle it with microtransaction bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
              At the same time, games are more expensive to develop than ever, not to mention their price should steadily increase due to inflation.

No wonder every dev looks into developing mobile games these days, with such a cheapskate crowd. Or if they do develop PC games, they riddle it with microtransaction bullshit.
              Depends on who you call "cheapskate". I barely make enough to survive, so I have little money to spend on games.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                Depends on who you call "cheapskate". I barely make enough to survive, so I have little money to spend on games.
                Well, I can totally sympathize with that. But then everything feels steep (not just games, hardware too) so it's different case.

But calling the game's price steep makes it sound as though it's only games which are steep and not other stuff also, given some people's unfortunate situations. Maybe it's just me, but that's how it sounded like.

Personally, I'd rather pay up front even up to $100 for a really good game with tons of replayability, than have any sort of microtransactions in it, *especially* if it's more than just cosmetics on top of that.

Comment

Working...
                X