KDE Plasma, Dolphin & Discover Pick Up More Features Ahead Of The Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma, Dolphin & Discover Pick Up More Features Ahead Of The Holidays

Phoronix: KDE Plasma, Dolphin & Discover Pick Up More Features Ahead Of The Holidays

It's been another busy week in the KDE development space ahead of the holidays and developer Nate Graham has done another great job detailing all of the changes made over the past week for this open-source desktop environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wish Dolphin could pull metadata live from files like windows, baloo won't index my network shares.

Comment

Originally posted by deadite66 View Post
      Wish Dolphin could pull metadata live from files like windows, baloo won't index my network shares.
      In $HOME/.config/baloofilerc you can add folders for Baloo to search and index.

Code:
      folders[$e]=$HOME/,/path/to/your/share
      I don't have any network shares to test, but that should work.

Comment

Great, Dolphin is my favorite file manager.

Comment

In the meanwhile, Gwenview is still not fixed for HiDPI displays. I think I just will duplicate the bug report as the original one is inactive...

Comment

Maybe KDE devs should focus on fixing Baloo first. It takes all my ram and locks my pc.

Comment

The bug I'm waiting for now is this one: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=387313

Looks like Martin tried to debug it, but didn't find the cause. I wonder if anyone is still working on it. It's a real annoyance which blocks switching to Wayland for me.

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
                Maybe KDE devs should focus on fixing Baloo first. It takes all my ram and locks my pc.
                I simply always disable files content search. It's very taxing and due to some bugs leads to major issues sometimes.

Comment

@Nate
                  Discover KDE Plasma 5.14.3 (at least and before)
                  The green animated 'circle' is rotating to the wrong side (not aligned with the arrowhead).

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                    The bug I'm waiting for now is this one: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=387313

Looks like Martin tried to debug it, but didn't find the cause. I wonder if anyone is still working on it. It's a real annoyance which blocks switching to Wayland for me.
                    I had this as well and am following that bug, but I've started using kmail again in wayland and have noticed that issue is FAR less worse. It still comes up sometimes and sometimes the interface of kmail gets laggy for some reason, but it's more or less usable.

Comment

Working...
                    X